If you are looking for how to root Infinix Hot 4(X557),Infinix Mobility’s first smartphone to run XOS out of the box from the ‘HOT’ series? You are in luck as you can now easily gain root access on “a device that’s smart enough to keep up with you and beautiful enough to catch everyone’s attention without trying to.” The Infinix Hot 4 is powered by an MT6580 Quad Core Cortex, clocked at 1.3GHz and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
There are several important reasons to root Android devices. if you want to really unlock the full potential of HOT 4 —if you want to be able to control everything, backup everything, customize everything, and do all sorts of fun things like install custom ROMs and get Android Nougat ahead of the pack—you’ll need to root your Infinix Android smartphone.
Maybe you have tried the latest version of KingRoot Apk to get root access but failed due to the unavailability of suitable root strategy. Fortunately, Team enochtekng have succeeded in porting the TWRP for Infinix Hot 4 X557 with full root access and in this tutorial, we will guide you on how to root Infinix Hot 4 X557 running XOS (Based on Android Marshmallow).
After rooting your Infinix HOT 4 Android phone, it’s advisable to unroot before performing an OTA update or restoring factoring settings to avoid bricking it.
Requirements to Root Infinix Hot 4
- USB Cable – for communication within the smartphone and PC.
Install TWRP Recovery For Infinix Hot 4
Google’s default recovery mode is pretty basic, but third-party recoveries–like the Team Win Recovery Project (or TWRP)–allow you to make backups, install ROMs, root your phone, and do a heck of a lot more.
After downloading the TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot 4 above, unzip the TWRP zip file and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP Flash Tool. For how to flash (install) TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot 4, Check out this link for the instruction.
How to Root Infinix Hot 4
Disclaimer: this site and its developers are not responsible if you should brick your phone in the process, ensure you are conversant with flashing custom ROMs and also using SP flash tool before carrying out this process.
- Save the SuperSU 2.76.zip that you downloaded to your phone’s SD card
- Now, boot your phone into TWRP Recovery Mode (by Holding the Vol Up and Power button simultaneously for 5 seconds)
- In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap Keep Read Only
- If TWRP offers to root Infinix Hot S, select NO
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU 2.76.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
- After a successful flashing go back and reboot.
It is simple as that. You may download Root Checker from Play Store below to verify your root privileges. After downloading, simply Install Root Checker, run it and you should get a success message after then. [pb-app-box pname=’com.joeykrim.rootcheck’ name=’Root Checker’ theme=’discover’ lang=’en’]