In this article, we will learn how to unlock 4G LTE Huawei modems and more specifically, ways to unlock Swift 4G LTE Hub. The Swift 4G LTE Hubs are products of Huawei and like most 3G Huawei modems – MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and Glo MiFis, there are easy ways to get them unlocked– both paid and free. We will be looking at getting the Huawei unlock codes for both scenarios.
In our previous articles, we have looked at several Huawei modem unlocking methods. We have seen unlock any kind of Huawei modem yourself using the Huawei calculator, how to unlock your Spectranet 4G LTE Mi-Fi E5573s-606 modem, guide to unlock E5330/E5330Bs-2 Huawei modem, how to unlock Huawei E303/E173 or any latest modem, and how to reset unlock code counter to zero in any Huawei modem.
The SWIFT 4G LTE Hubs are in two types: The Nomad and the Swift 4G LTE multiuser communication hub. Basically, it is either the Huawei E5372 Mi-Fi router or the Huawei E5172s-920 hub. The Some major 4G LTE service providers sell similar modem. Currently, the major 4G LTE service provider in Nigeria are Swift, Spectranet, Smiles, ntel, and InterC Network.
The Huawei E5372 or the Huawei E5172s-920 hub is a mobile modem router that supports 4G LTE which uses the conventional SIM card. Each of the E5372 modem sold at any network provider is tied to the particular network service, inserting any other SIM card won’t work except when unlocked. When unlocked, the Huawei E5372 Mi-Fi router can work with any GSM SIM card or any ISP that provides 4G LTE service.
Maybe you want to switch service from Swift network to any other 4G LTE service provider, you don’t to spend money to buy a net 4G LTE modem. All you need to do is convert your present modem into a universal modem. This way, you can use any network SIM Card with it at any time and at any place. Below are 2 ways to 4G LTE Huawei modems into a universal modem.
Ways to Unlock 4G LTE Huawei Modems
As noted earlier, we will be looking at the free as well as the paid method to unlock 4G LTE Huawei modems.
#1. Unlock Swift 4G LTE Hub for Free
Follow the steps and procedures outlined below to unlock your Huawei E5372 modem or the Huawei E5172s-920 hub.
- Power off your E5372 MiFi modem or the Huawei E5172s-920 hub
- Note and write down the IMEI Number of your modem.
- Next step will be to get your modem unlocking code from any reliable Huawei Code Calculator.
- You can get if for Free from modem unlock, visit this the direct link Huawei Code Calculator.
- First Of All Navigate To http://huaweicodecalculator.com/new-algo/
- We have secured it with Google Login So Click On Login Button.
- Now you will be redirected to Google login page login there using your GMAIL Account.
- If you have not signed up for the Google plus you can see the registration window. So fill the fields and signup, if you have already, skip to next step
- If you are using the calculator First time it will ask you to Accept Terms and Condition click on I Accept
- You can see the IMEI and Model Number Box, write down 15 Digit IMEI number and Model Number in Appropriate Box and Click on Calculate.
- You can see the Google +1 Button Click on +1
- Check the Result
- Insert any other network service provider SIM (Invalid SIM) and Turn on your MiFi modem.
- Connect with the modem to your PC via the Wi-fi
- Type http://192.168.8.1 (Which is Default Interface of your MiFi Router) into your browser, it will indicate an invalid or Locked SIM with a pop-up to enter the unlock code
- Enter the unlocking code generated with your IMEI from the Huawei Code Calculator
- Now navigate to ADVANCED SETTINGS >> SIM SETTINGS >> UNLOCK DEVICE >> ENTER THE UNLOCK CODE >> APPLY
- Enjoy ..!! (Your router is unlocked)
#2. Unlock 4G LTE Huawei Modems with DC-Unlocker
Dc-unlocker is a paid service that you can use to unlock 4G LTE Huawei modems. Here are DC-Unlocker features.
- DC-unlocker is a program specialized for data card unlocking.
- It is the first universal data card unlocking product worldwide.
- It is fast ( takes 5 – 60 seconds to unlock), easy to use and functional program with clear interface.
- It doesn’t need any cables or adapters for unlocking. The data card can be simply unlocked in the same notebook where a PCMCIA or Express socket exists.
- New models are being added regularly.
- No need to select any COM ports, auto detect function.
- Free updates for 1 year.
- Download the software.
- username and password
- Software credits.
- Internet Connection.
- Stubborn modem you want to unlock.
- Download latest version of the software here www.dc-unlocker.com
- Purchase Dc-unlocker credit from the site >> www.dc-unlocker.com/buy OR contact me HERE. (Minimum Credit to unlock 4G LTE Modems is 7 credits and we can help you run the payment.)
- Insert and install your modem software on your computer.
- Insert another Network provider sim on the modem, when it popup request for unlock code click “Cancel” and close the modem interface.
- Now open the Dc-unlocker software you downloaded and click on “Automatic detect” button, wait for some seconds it will show your device details.
- After that, click on “server”, insert the username and password (the details you used while purchasing dc-unlocker credits above), you may click on “Check Login” to know the amount of credit on the account and to know if the username and password is valid.
- Now click on “Unlocking” > Do the job.
- It will connect online and unlock your modem within a minute.
- Remove your modem and insert it again with any sim you desire.
To unlock 4G LTE Huawei modems is that easy! You can now use any other 4G LTE Sim Card on your SWIFT 4G LTE Hub. Use the comment box to tell us about your experience.