How to Root Tecno Phantom 6 (A6) Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow
If you are looking for how to root TECNO Phantom 6 (A), TECNO mobile first flagship smartphone to spot tri-fold security combination (fingerprint, eye scanner, and Trustlook antivirus) out of the box from the Tecno Phantom series? You are in luck as you can now easily gain root access on the would-be ‘smartphone of the year’. The Tecno Phantom 6 is powered by a MediaTek Helio X20 Deca-core chipset, clocked at 2.0GHz and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
There are several important reasons to root Android devices. if you want to really unlock the full potential of TECNO Phantom 6 —if you want to be able to control everything, backup everything, customize everything, and do all sorts of fun things like install custom ROMs and get Android Nougat ahead of the pack—you’ll need to root your TECNO Android smartphone.
Maybe you have tried the latest version of KingRoot Apk to get root access but failed due to the unavailability of suitable root strategy. Fortunately, Team Hovatek have succeeded in porting the TWRP for TECNO Phantom 6 with full root access and in this tutorial, we will guide you on how to root TECNO Phantom 6 running on Android Marshmallow.
After rooting your TECNO Phantom 6 Android phone, it’s advisable to unroot before performing an OTA update or restoring factoring settings to avoid bricking it.
How Can I Root Tecno Phantom 6?
Disclaimer: This site and its developers are not responsible if you should brick your phone in the process, ensure you are conversant with flashing custom ROMs and also using SP flash tool before carrying out this process.
- Copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storages of your phone and SD card.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide here
- Extract and copy the TWRP recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Unlock Tecno Phantom 6 bootloader by following the steps here
- Connect the phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; remember to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging)
- The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter :
fastboot boot recovery.img
- The device should automatically enter TWRP recovery mode
In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
Reboot the phone normally.
Once you are done, confirm if your device has been successfully rooted by installing root checker from the link below: [pb-app-box pname=’com.joeykrim.rootcheck’ name=’Root Checker’ theme=’discover’ lang=’en’]
Have you been able to get root access on your TECNO Phantom 6 yet? Let us know using the comment box below