How to Install MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers For Windows 10
MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers are very important for Android MTK devices as they give support to the installation of firmware, rooting, flashing of files, or performing a complete backup and restore of in MTK phones. Android devices like MTK 6577 / 6575 , MediaTek MTK6592 / MTK 6753 / 6735M android devices, e.g:- Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, etc., falls into the list. In this tutorial, you will learn how to install MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers for Windows 10.
We have already treated a tutorial on how to install MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Driver on Windows vista, windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 and for installing on Windows 10 (Technical Preview). See the guide here.
Before flashing your MTK Android device, it is important that you install the right MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM drivers. These drivers will make the connection to your MTK device possible from a Windows 10 on a 32 or 64-bit configuration.
By default, digital driver signature enforcement is enabled, which means you cannot install any driver no matter how many times you try unless it’s digitally signed by Microsoft. But no problems, this is exactly why you are follwing this guide.
The drivers that you will find on this page are unsigned so if you are running Windows 10 64-bit you are required to temporary disable the driver signature verification enforcement in order to be able to install MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM drivers on your Windows 10.
Installing MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers for Windows 10 is very easy. It is in two simple steps and depending on your skills, anywhere near 5 minutes to an half an hour to finish will be enough to complete your first MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers installation.
Step 1. Determine Windows Version You Have (32 bit or 64 bit)
Step 2. Disable Windows 10 Driver Signature Enforcement
Step 3. Install MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers
Done! It wasn’t that difficult, was it? Now let’s explain each step in more details how to install MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers for Windows 10. I will be using a Windows 10, 64-bit as an example, though the process is basically same for 32-bit.
Step 1. Determine Windows Version
- Right-click on Start then click on System
- In the System window that opens, in System section, you will find your version of Windows next to System type
Step 2. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement:
- On your 64 bit Windows 10 desktop, click on Start then on Settings
- Click on Update & security, then in the left pane click on Recovery
- Under Advanced startup click on Restart now button
- Your system should reboot into a blue screen. Now click on Troubleshoot then on Advanced options
- Click on Startup Settings then on Restart button
- The computer will restart with the Startup Settings screen
- To disable the driver signature enforcement until next restart press on number key 7 or F7 on your keyboard.
After restart, you can proceed with the unsigned MTK drivers installation for your 64 bit Windows. Note that after you install the unsigned drivers, to use them again in the future, you have to repeat this procedure
Install MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers
- Download the drivers *.zip archive and extract the folder from inside on to the desktop
- Right-click on Start then click on Device Manager
- In the Device Manager Window click on the first item – your computer name (Mine is RUBIZTECH-PC)
- Click on Action then Add legacy hardware
- On the Welcome to the Add hardware Wizard window, click on Next button
- Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and then click on Next button
- Click on Show All Devices then on Next button
- In the Add Hardware window click on Have Disk… button
- In the Install From Disk window click on Browse… button
- In the next window – Locate file – browse for the folder that you have extracted on the desktop at the beginning.
- Select the version of the driver according to your Windows 10 version – x64 for 64 bit and x86 for 32 bit and click Open button.
- Click the OK button to load the driver.
- From the list of drivers select MTK USB Port and click on Next button
- Next, confirm installation of MTK USB port by clicking Next
- You should get a red warning window saying Windows can’t verify the publisher of this software, click on Install this driver software anyway.
- MTK USB Port driver will install and upon completing the process which takes few seconds, click finish.
This action will add the following drivers in to the operating system:
- MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port
- MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port – for transferring the firmware to your device
- MTK USB DEBUG Port
- MTK USB Modem Port
- MTK USB port – for transfering PreLoader to your device (and recovery in case of bad or corrupt firmware)
Now we need to remove the device that we have installed but leave the drivers in the operating system.
To do that, in the Device Manager window we expand Ports (COM & LPT) section.
- Right-click and click Uninstall on the MTK USB Port
- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window make sure that the box Delete the driver software for this device is empty/unticked.
- You need to leave the drivers in the operating system and only remove the device that you added
- Click on the OK button to finalise.
Now, when you will connect your dead (or turned off) MTK device to the Windows 10 computer by USB, the device will be recognized either trough a MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port interface or as a MTK USB port if it is bricked or it has bad/corrupt firmware.
The SP Flash Tool will be able to transfer the firmware to your device trough this interfaces. Make sure you connect the device after you press the Download button in SP Flash Tool, as the communication interface will only be alive for 2 seconds if no data is being sent.
Still missing things up? Havatek has put up a video that explains the process as shown below:
Next, How to Flash MediaTek Stock ROMs With SP Flash Tool [Latest]
One thought on “How to Install MediaTek MT65xx USB VCOM Drivers For Windows 10”
Thanks for this information. I know we can always count on you.
Rubiztech all the way!