How to Jailbreak iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3 Using Pangu (Chinese Version)
Every iOS user desires to have make their iPhone, iPad or iTouch look more unique. Maximizing your iPhone can only be done when it is jailbroken. There are several reasons to jailbreak iOS and we have listed 20 important reasons to jailbreak iOS in our previous article. Now, in this tutorial, we be looking at how to jaiilbreak iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3 using Pangu’s Chinese version.
Why the Chinese version? Why not an English version of Pangu? The English is available but has some limitations. The English version of Pangu comes with a self-sign IPA file which must be installed on your device using Cydia Impactor. This IPA file is a certificate file which expires every 7 days and need to be re-installed again on the 7th day or whenever you reboot your device.
The Chinese version of Pangu on the other hand installs an enterprise developer certificate on your iPhone, iPad or iTouch which should last for a year (if Apple doesn’t revoke it). However, It has it’s own drawback too: Pangu randomly connects to 25pp server looking for new certificates to replace the one on your device if it gets revoked.
…Before You Proceed With Pangu (Chiness Version)
Jailbreaking iOS with the Chinese version of Pangu is a semi-untethered jailbreak and this means you have to run the jailbreak app on your device after each reboot. Also. this jailbreak only works for 64-bit devices. According to Pangu, the 32-bit devices will not be supported. Supported devices include:
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6G
And you should proceed only if your device is on any of these iOS versions:
- iOS 9.2, iOS 9.2.1
- iOS 9.3, iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.3.2 & iOS 9.3.3
Importantly, make sure you are connected to a working internet service.
Backing up your device through iTunes is recommended. Things may go wrong and the need to restore your device may arise. Also, you need to install on your computer iTunes, ensure that the computer and the access network iOS9 devices are functioning properly , ensure that the device itself is fully charged.
How to jailbreak iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3 using Pangu
1. Download the Chinese version of PP assistant 25PP here. Run and install the file on your PC.
2. After clicking on the on the install button as show above, you will have to wait till the installation gets to 100%.
3. On getting to 100%, you might get a security prompt to allow 25pp assistant to run as administrator ( i used Windows 10), click on Allow and software will launch. Now, connect your iOS device through USB and with a compatible device, you should get a prompt to install the jailbreak tool on your device. Click on the green button to get started as shown below:
3. A captcha prompting you to enter some generated letters will be displayed during the process as shown below:
4. Next prompt is to enter your Apple ID. This is needed to create a developer profile that lets you sideload the 25PP app on your iOS device. The latest version of Pangu seems to bypass this as a developer profile is installed on your device. If this step doesn’t come up, there is absolutely no problem. (It’s recommended that you apply for a new ID is used to download and install jailbreak tools).
5. The above process should take less than 5 minutes. Once completed, the screenshot below will come up
6. Now, your device should have PP Pangu App installed. Go to Settings > General > Profiles. On iOS 9.3.3, it may appear as Settings > General > Device Management. On the prompt that comes up, click on Trust to accept the installed certificate.
7. Go to your device App drawer and launch the [PP] APP Pangu Team. Allow notifications and tap the round button. Manually lock the screen (press the power button) to enter the jailbreak process and jailbreak tool will automatically begin the jailbreak process.
8. After successful jailbreak, please wait wait 1 minute, [PP] Pangu Jailbreak App will install Cydia, so DO NOT do anything on the phone. Your iOS device will automatically restart and you are done.
After reboot, launch the PP Pangu jailbreak app and it will tell you if the jailbreak is successful or not. If not, simply re-jailbreak from Step 1.
Congratulations! You have successfully jailbreaken your iOS (9.2 to 9.3.3) using Pangu (Chinese Version). Now you have root permission to customize and maximize the use of your iPhone, iPad or iTouch device.