How to Root Tecno Camon C9 Smartphone Using PC
To root Tecno Camon C9 or not to root? There are several important reasons to root Android devices just as there are good reasons to jailbreak an iPhone. if you want to really unlock the full potential of #C9ja —if you want to be able to control everything, backup everything, customize everything, and do all sorts of fun things like install custom ROMs and get Android Nougat ahead of the pack—you’ll need to root your Android smartphone.
Latest Android phones running on Android 6.0 and up like Tecno Camon C9 have proved very stubborn to root. One-click root apps such as Framaroot, Kingroot, Kingoroot among several rooting apps, However, this article will guide you on the best and simplest method on how to root Tecno Camon C9.
How To Root Tecno Camon C9
Basically, there are two major steps involved in rooting Camon C9. First you will have to Unlock the Bootloader of the Tecno Camon C9. This open us up to the second step, allowing us Flash the CWM recovery.img and SuperSU.zip.
Quick Method On How To Root Tecno Camon C9
You need to follow strictly quick and easy steps outlined below to root your Camon c9
- Download SuperSU 2.66.zip here
- Copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s SD card and internal storage
- Download CWM for Tecno Camon C9 ported by Team Hovatek here
- Extract and copy the CWM recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Unlock the Bootloader of the Tecno Camon C9 using the guide here
- Connect the phone to PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide)
When the phone enters Fastboot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter fastboot reboot
- Boot the phone into recovery mode by switching off and using Volume up button + Power button (see how to do that here)
- In Clockworkmod recovery mode, you use the Volume up button to scroll up, Volume down button to scroll down and Power button to select
- Scroll down to Install zip and select it
- Select Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1
- Navigate to the location of SuperSu.zip and select it
- Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing… Then wait till flashing is complete
- Return to the home screen (using the back option) then select Reboot.
- If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No.
- Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker [pb-app-box pname=’com.joeykrim.rootcheck’ name=’Root Checker’ theme=’discover’ lang=’en’]
Rooting Tecno Camon c9 has never been this easy. Now you can have full control over your Android device and customize it as you desire. Use the comment below to let us know if you have any questions.
Credits to team Hovatek